FUTURE IMPACT SUMMIT PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated October 23, 2023
The Future Impact Summit is delivered by the LSE Alumni Association London (‘LSEAAL’, 'we', 'us', or 'our') in partnership with LSE Generate. The LSE Alumni Association London is the officially recognised alumni group of the London School of Economics (‘LSE’, ‘the School’) for the city of London.
This privacy notice for the LSEAAL , describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ('process') your personal information for the purposes of delivering the Future Impact Summit or related events and initiatives (‘Summit’) including where you:Visit our website at https://www.futureimpactsummit.com/, or any website or other documentation of ours that links to this privacy noticeEngage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, collaboration or events.For clarity references to ‘personal information’ in this privacy notice also include ‘personal data’ or related terms used to refer to information that can be used to identify an individual as understood under applicable data protection laws.Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us, the Summit or related services or initiatives, when you participate in the Summit or related services or initiatives, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Directly Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:nameemail addressjob titlecontact preferencescontact or authentication dataphoto and video recordings of your attendance at the Summitdebit/credit card numbers (via our payment platform)billing addresses (via our payment platform)
Sensitive Information. When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we process the following categories of sensitive information:health data (as it relates to dietary preferences for the purposes of the Summit)All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Summit website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Summit website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include:device and usage information, such as your:your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Summit website or related services, and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Summit website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many organisations, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we may collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Summit website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity on the Summit website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps'), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Summit website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location via our Summit website which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of our Summit website functionality.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law.
We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Summit website, the Summit offerings or related initiatives, including:
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of the Summit and related services to you as an attendee and/or potential attendee of the Summit.
- To respond to enquiries/offer support to our Summit attendees and/or potential attendees.
- We may process your information to respond to your enquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.To send administrative information to you.
- We may process your information to send you details about the Summit or related initiatives, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To fulfil and manage your orders.
- We may process your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Summit website.To save or protect an individual's vital interest.
- We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate interests.
We may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as in situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your data with third-party organisations, vendors, service providers or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. The third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Organisations within or affiliated with the School such as LSE Generate and/or other Summit partners;
- Summit vendors and suppliers providing services to the Summit such as food and beverage suppliers, technical support teams and/or providers of other Summit services;
- Website service and payment providers to facilitate the sale of Summit tickets and related services.
Where such personal information is provided the same will be done in compliance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws.
Personal information may be made available to the above parties for the purposes of the Summit onl. We will never share your personal information with third parties for non-Summit purposes.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Summit website is at your own risk. You should accordingly only access our Summit website within a secure environment.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Switzerland), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; (iv) if applicable, to data portability; and (v) not to be subject to automated decision-making. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section 'HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?' below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your Member State data protection authority or UK data protection authority. If you are located in Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section 'HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?' below.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of the Summit.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated 'Revised' date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email email@example.com.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.